Join Your Chamber!
Membership application: 2017 Membership Application
Promoting Our Town and Your Business
- Your Chamber holds monthly meetings the second Tuesday of each month, which is open to members and non-members to share ideas, and work on upcoming events, etc.
- Your Chamber hopes to promote business prospects and increase visitors to our community raising revenues in our town.
- Your Chamber helps businesses with activities and promotions designed to improve the quality of growth and progress in our business community.
- Your Chamber Office, located in the Strayer Building, 9386 Congress Street, is open Monday thru Friday, 10:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m, by pleasant and courteous volunteers and staff who greet visitors; provide information about our town and surrounding community; distribute member and town brochures; and promote all that New Market has to offer.
- Your Chamber sends requested business brochures, town brochures as well as surrounding area information.
- Your Chamber maintains a website of members, Upcoming Events, etc.
- Each and every time the phone is answered, the town of New Market is promoted.
- March—Your Chamber holds its annual banquet to give recognition to our outstanding BUSINESS, CITIZEN AND CIVIC ORGANIZATION of the year, along with a silent auction. This event is A FUNDRAISER for your Chamber.
- May—Your Chamber attends the New Market Battle Re-enactment, selling T-Shirts, Raffle Tickets, Pottery, etc. Retail items from individual businesses are sold or their benefit. This is A FUNDRAISER for your Chamber. We also hand out town and business brochures to PROMOTE OUR MEMBERS and OUR TOWN.
- July—Your Chamber supports the Fireworks Event to be held July 3, 2017, 5:30-9:30p.m., by maintaining a booth at the New Market Town Park. This is A FUNDRAISER for your Chamber.
- August—Your Chamber helps promote the SHENANDOAH COUNTY YARD CRAWL, which brings visitors and PROMOTES OUR TOWN.
- September—Your Chamber puts on its annual Heritage Days Fall Festival, which is A FUNDRAISER for your Chamber. This brings visitors to support our businesses and PROMOTES OUR TOWN.
- November-Your Chamber helps promote National Small Business Saturday.
- December—Your Chamber helps promote ‘Tis The Season, which brings visitors and PROMOTES OUR TOWN.
- Your Chamber has 58 members to date, during the 2017 year. Volunteers are always welcomed and are very active promoting OUR TOWN.